Crazyonbollywood

Crazyonbollywood- Movies,movie details,reviews on bollywood films.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Katrina is the first ever-Indian Barbie Doll


British-born beautiful actress Katrina Kaif,whose face will now embellish Barbie dolls,says contrary to what people believe her Barbie is not an Indian counterpart of the international brand. She also feels that in many ways it's an endorsement of how kids connect with her.

"I'd call it a fun honour.To have your face on dolls that you've played with from childhood is quite flattering. We've been in negotiation for nearly six months. It finally came together for the 50-year celebration of Barbie," Katrina told to IANS.
"Contrary to what people believe my Barbie is not an Indian counterpart of the international brand. It's an honour because I'm the first Indian to be the face of Barbie. I'll be dressed the way the Barbie is all over the world.

"And I think in many ways it's an endorsement of how kids connect with me. You can't be the face of an international doll unless kids like you. I like that. The thought that kids like me enough to make me a part of their doll collection is very gratifying," the gorgeous actress said.
Katrina walked as the showstopper at a Barbie dedicated Lakme Fashion Show.She wore a small pink costume, which ‘Katrina Barbie’ will be wearing from September.

"It is quite something,if you think about it. But I'd rather not. I don't want my head to get swollen. For me, it's enough that I was chosen because I reflect a certain bubbly wholesome personality, quite contrary to the 'sexy' tag that I get in net polls and which I'm not very comfortable with," she said.
Apart from the upcoming bollywood movie Rajniti, Katrina's other releases this year are debutant director Anthony D'Souza's underwater thriller "Blue" and Yash Raj Films' "New York".


Source:BOLLYWOOD

4 Comments:

Blogger ajnabi said...

I think it's cool that there's an Indian Barbie now. But on the other hand, Katrina looks so unlike any desi girl I've ever met--and unlike most I've seen--that it seems like they're definitely continuing the complete lack of realism American Barbie's been criticized for.

March 30, 2009 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Kyle N. said...

That's pretty intersting. I can only imagine the kind of self confidence boost that comes along with being asked to the new face for such a iconic figure like Barbie

April 2, 2009 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love you Katrina so much. Rizwan

April 13, 2009 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Katrina Kaif Sexy Bikini Wallpapers

August 22, 2016 at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home